How to Request Our Items
- Materials check out for 4 weeks
- You may check out up to 5 items at a time
- You may request to renew items 2 times (as long as there is not another request for that item).
Books and videos through the mail
- You can have items mailed to you
- You don't need to be a member of a library, but you must live in Illinois
If you know what you are looking for...
Use the online catalog and provide us with specific title, author, and call number information via our online form
If you have a general topic you are looking for...
Use our online form to provide us with the topic (e.g. Speech Therapy, Autism, or Picky Eaters) and type of material you are interested in (e.g. DVD, Books, articles, and websites).
Our items will be mailed to the address you provide (e.g. your home).
Please return materials to a local public library. The library will route the materials back to us free of charge.
(You may also mail materials back to us, but you will be required to pay the shipping charges for the return, therefore we encourage you to return our materials to your local public library.)
Please contact us and let us help you.
Call us toll-free at 1-877-275-3227 or email us at Illinoisfirstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a public library and have questions regarding the return of our materials, please see Directions for Libraries.
Public Library Members
We encourage EI Clearinghouse Library patrons to use their local public library to request our materials. Using the Illinois Interlibrary Loan System helps lower our mailing costs so that we can continue to provide you with the best possible service.
- Once you have found what you are looking for in the catalog, go to your local public library and say, “I would like to request this item through OCLC Interlibrary Loan.” Librarians at your library will be happy to help you.
- Our items will be sent to your library, where you’ll pick them up. Please return materials to the same public library.
Find libraries where you live using your local city directory or at http://www.librarylearning.info/libraries/
Chicago Residents and CPL Patrons
If you are a resident of the city of Chicago and a Chicago Public Library (CPL) patron, we highly recommend that you order our materials through your local library branch so you will be able to return our materials to a CPL library. The CPL library will route the materials back to us (free of charge to you). For more information on interlibrary loan, please visit CPL's website.
If you are a resident of the city of Chicago and not a CPL patron, you may request that we mail materials directly to your home address. To return those items, you have 2 options:
- You pay return shipping
- You return our materials to a public library located outside of the CPL system (such as: Berwyn, Oak Park, or Homewood Public Library).
Return to the main Library page.