How to Request Our Items
Finding Materials in the EI Clearinghouse Library
First, use our WorldCat local catalog to find what you want:
- Type a keyword into the search box. Try using a word from the title of the book you’re looking for or words from a topic that you’re interested in.
- Check the availability of the book. Is it on the shelf or checked out? Call the EI Clearinghouse Library to be placed on a hold list for items that are checked out. Before requesting a title, make a note of the exact title and author.
Public Library Members
We encourage EI Clearinghouse Library patrons to use their local public library to request our materials. Using the Illinois Interlibrary Loan System helps lower our mailing costs so that we can continue to provide you with the best possible service.
- Once you have found what you are looking for in the catalog, go to your local public library and say, “I would like to request this item through OCLC Interlibrary Loan.” Librarians at your library will be happy to help you.
- Our items will be sent to your library, where you’ll pick them up. Please return materials to the same public library.
Find libraries where you live using ELI: Every Library in Illinet. Search by County, Zip Code, or City.
The Chicago Public Library System has changed its interlibrary loan policy.
If patrons in Chicago choose to have EI Clearinghouse items mailed to their home addresses, they cannot return these items to us through the interlibrary loan system—they must return these items through the mail. In order to return items free of charge through the interlibrary loan system, patrons in Chicago must request our items at their local library. They can then pick up and return the items at their library. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information on requesting an interlibrary loan in the Chicago Public Library system, please visit the following web site: http://www.chipublib.org/howto/interlibrary_loan.php.
Can’t Get to a Public Library? Not a Member?
Having trouble finding what you’re looking for?
Please call us toll-free at 1-877-275-3227.
If you are not a member of a public library, you can get materials in one of three ways:
- When you are in the EI Clearinghouse Library catalog, click on the button that looks like this: Then, fill out the form.
- Email us your request.
- Call to request materials at 1-877-275-3227.
Return to the main Library page.